415.690.7279 | firstname.lastname@example.org | San Francisco, CA
- Exposure: React.js, Vue.js, Python, Ruby, Kotlin, Docker, GraphQL, MongoDB, AWS, C++, C#, PHP, OpenGL
Renaissance Learning | Lead Software Engineer | San Francisco, CA (Remote Contractor) Nov 2014 - Mar 2018
- Contributed to major scalability overhaul in 2017: SVN -> git, NG 1.4 → NG2, with all services migrated to AWS.
- Led daily scrums with 9 engineers, project managers, designers and learning specialists; communicated team to management at bi-weekly sprint exits.
- Coordinated with Renaissance DevOps team to deploy features into continuous integration pipeline (AWS Lambdas, Jenkins, Terraform).
Intel Labs | Software Engineer (Contract) | Santa Clara, CA Jul - Dec 2014
Idle Games (acquired by Sony/GSN) | Co-Founder + Engineering Manager | San Francisco, CA Nov 2009 - Apr 2014
- Hired original team of 8 developers; became manager of front-end engineers as company grew to nearly 100.
- Developed high-performance, scalable multi-player games using C++, Python, and Django, supporting 100,000 concurrent users; 2 very distinct titles (Idle Worship and Fresh Deck Poker) were launched using same engine.
- Iterated on features using A/B tests driven from Django CMS to increase retention (Idle Worship broke 30K DAU in 2012, Fresh Deck 40K DAU in 2013).
Self-Employed | Freelance Software Engineer | San Francisco, CA Jan 2006 - Oct 2009
- Served as technical director and lead developer for Cog1 interactive marketing agency, guiding development of 20+ marketing sites for clients including NetApp, SanDisk, Id Software, Buddy Media, and IFC/Fuse TV.
- Created image conversion utility for SkyIMD proprietary format files and create JPG files with GPS EXIF data and create GoogleEarth-compatible KML files.
GlobalEnglish | Software Engineer | South San Francisco, CA Sep 2002 - Dec 2005
LucasArts | Localization Supervisor | San Rafael, CA Sep 1997 - Oct 1999
- Started as QA Tester, worked on 20+ products, and promoted 3 times, collaborating with devs and project managers to ensure worldwide simultaneous release of games such as Grim Fandango and X-Wing Alliance.
B.S. Computer Science, San Francisco State University
B.A. History, Duke University
Konect4 | Technical Project Manager | play store May 2018 - Present
Social networking app for organizing group outings -- preview release now available for Android in the Play Store.
- Managed remote team of 4 developers, building native iOS/Android apps with PHP backend to connect users for business and dating; UX and new feature design for official launch in Fall 2018.
Singular Comics | Owner | singularcomics.com Aug 2016 - present
Platform for selling high-grade comic books to collectors.
- Launched website in 2018 using Shopify, to create new sales channel and unify brand as seller with 2 years of successful sales on Amazon and eBay (5-figure annual gross revenue).
Stonewashed Themes | Software Engineer | code Dec 2015 - Present
Simple, readable themes for Vim and ZSH.
- Distribution of personal themes, which supports 256 and 16-bit color mode on Linux, Mac & Windows!
Intel Galileo Blueprints | Technical Reviewer | live Jan - Mar 2015
Technical review, editing, and QA for book from Packt Publishing.
- Verified hardware configuration, and reviewed C++ code using Intel XDK, for a dozen projects.
ACHIEVEMENTS + AWARDS
Top 33% and 150,000+ Users Reached, Stack Overflow 2018
Top-Rated Seller (vintage comic books) with 100% Positive Feedback, eBay 2017
Idle Worship - Online Innovation Award Nominee, GDC 2012
AAF National Gold “Addy” Award for Samurai Kittens Game, Cog1 & IFC – Independent Film Channel 2007